Baby carrot, pumpkin and chickpea tagine is filled with warm spices, healthy produce, and protein rich chickpeas for a warm, cosy lunch or dinner that’s both hearty and delicious!
- 60ml (1⁄4 cup) olive oil
- 2 red onions thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp mustard seeds toasted*
- 700g butternut pumpkin peeled, seeded & cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 bunch (250g) baby Dutch carrots trimmed and peeled
- 400g can chickpeas drained, & rinsed
- 340g jar fire roasted red pepper strips* drained 3 vine-ripened tomatoes
- 750g ml jar passata sauce
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped basil
- 70g (1/3 cup) preserved lemon seeded & cut into strips
- Crusty bread to serve
- 2 x 110g soft goats cheese crumbled 70g (1⁄2 cup) roughly chopped pistachios 2 Tbs roughly chopped mint
- 2 Tbs roughly chopped coriander
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
PISTACHIO GOAT’S CHEESE
To make pistachio goat’s cheese, place all ingredients into a small bowl and toss gently to combine. Season to taste.
Preheat oven to 180 ̊C. Heat oil in your SCANPAN Tagine over high heat. Add onion, garlic and spices; cook stirring occasionally for 4 minutes or until onion has softened and spices are fragrant. Stir in pumpkin, carrots, chickpeas, peppers, tomatoes, sauce and stock. Bring to a simmer and cover with lid, cook in oven for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Season to taste.
To serve, place SCANPAN Tagine on a wooden board in the middle of your table. Scatter over pistachio goats cheese and preserved lemon. Serve with crusty bread on the side.